Sunday, April 28, 2013

Retro and Delicious - Prawn Cocktail

Isabella and I often have sushi for lunch while out shopping. Earlier this week she had sushi and I had prawns and salmon with a seafood sauce. It got me thinking about how much I loved prawn cocktails as a child. It was a real treat although they were usually small tinned shrimps rather than large prawns we had. I even bought ice-burg lettuce for the base.

We all loved this as a started with Isabella gobbling as much as the rest of us and asking for more.









Chopped ice-burg and rocket
Sliced and chopped tomato
Large cold cooked prawns
Thousand Island dressing
Coriander
Fresh lime to squeeze over
Salt and pepper.


1 comment:

  1. Yum - this sounds so yummy with the lime and coriander...will have to give it a go myself :)

    ReplyDelete