Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Greek Slow Cooker Chicken

Thanks http://www.mommiecooks.com for the picture


I love the combination of garlic and lemon so this recipe looked like a good one to try. That coupled with the fact that my oven is not working other than to grill prompted me to give this one a try.
My picture didn't look so good, so I've used the one from the site I found it on
. I guess we are used to beautifully browned chicken and the slow cooker doesn't do that so well.
The recipe was easy and in my slow cooker cooked faster than the time listed in the recipe.
I'll be making this one again. Possibly preparing in advance freezing then cooking while I'm at work.


Greek Inspired Slow Cooker Chicken




1 Lemon, Juiced
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup White Wine
1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1 tsp Dill
1 tsp Rosemary
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Whole Chicken, Broken into it's Respective Pieces

Directions:

Add all the ingredients with the exception of the chicken to the marinade.
Mix up well.
Add in the chicken and coat all the pieces completely.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve over noodles with sauce from the slow cooker spooned over the noodles and a little feta and olives for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe brown the chicken in a pan prior to putting in the slow cooker? Or broil briefly afterwards to crisp up the skin?

    ReplyDelete