It only needed about 4 hours on low in my slow cooker.
I'd probably increase the cinnamon and coriander next time too.
Moroccan Chicken - Slow Cooker
- 6 to 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked couscous or rice for serving
- Slivered almonds or pine nuts for garnish, optional
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- How to make it
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken thighs, chickpeas, apricots, raisins, chicken stock, ginger, olive oil, salt, coriander, cinnamon, and pepper; stir. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Serve over cooked couscous or rice and garnish with cilantro and pine nuts, if desired.