Sunday, April 7, 2013

Honey and Garlic Chicken - Slow Cooker

Slow Cooker meals really appeal to me and this one even more than usual because it was so easy. I think this would also make a good 'freezer meal' too.
It took less than 5 minutes to put together and ended up cooking a lot faster than the recipe suggested but that seems to be the case with my slow cooker.








Honey and Garlic Chicken - Slow Cooker


The Ingredients.
serves 4

1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 or one thigh per family member)
3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped (I used my microplane)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup  soy sauce 
1/2 cup ketchup (tomato sauce)
1/3 cup honey


The Directions.
Check after 3 hours on high, 5 hours on low
Put the chicken into your cooker. In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, then pour evenly over the top.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 (I'd go with low---). It was probably more like 2-3 hours on Low for me.
Serve with basmati rice and steamed or roasted vegetables.  I served it with couscous

No comments:

Post a Comment