Thursday, April 12, 2012

Feijoa Vodka Liqueur

I've seen this recipe over and over when I have been hunting for feijoa recipes, so I figure it must be ok.

Unfortunately you don't get to try it for about 3 months, so the verdict is out for now.
Surely you can't go too far wrong with vodka, feijoas and sugar?

I suspect the feijoa fruit that is the left over from this recipe will be pretty amazing...and potent!

I wonder how many volunteers there will be for the first tasting three months from now?

I can confirm that this stuff is amazing! It is a sweet syrupy liqueur that is very easy to drink on its own. Ive also tried it with lemonade. 
I used really cheap vodka and the end result was still great.
Next feijoa season I will be making many many jars of this!


Feijoa Liqueur 

Two thirds fill a large glass jar with ripe, peeled feijoas cut into rings. Add one cup of sugar. Fill the jar with Brandy or Vodka. Put on lid and stand the jar on a window ledge. Shake every day until sugar has dissolved, approx one week. Store in a cool dark place for at least three months. Then consume. The alcohol soaked fruit can be used for ice cream topping or with apples in a strudel.




1 comment:

  1. "I wonder how many volunteers there will be for the first tasting three months from now?"
    PICK ME!

    ReplyDelete