Sunday, April 1, 2012

Feijoa and Lemon Cordial

We manage to go through an incredible amount of feijoas from our very productive two trees. There is always a huge amount of skins that go into my compost bin. While I'm happy to add them to the compost, it was great to find a recipe that uses some of the skins too.

We loved the lemon cordial I made a few months ago, so this seemed like a good thing to try. I've started with a small batch but if this goes down well I'll make much more because it is soooooo easy.
I just hope that we don't have any 'wild yeast' disasters from this!

This recipe comes from pintrest.





Feijoa Cordial Recipe
I collected the zest from 12 large feijoa (wash them well first), added the zest of half a lemon, placed everything in a pot with 500 ml of water and 100 g of sugar. 
Boiled the lot for 5 minutes (to dissolve the sugar), then covered with a lid and let it rest overnight. 
In the morning I strained the 'syrup' and bottled it.


No comments:

Post a Comment