Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cheese and Bacon Puffs

I saw this on the Good Morning Show website. The comment about getting your oven on fast because they are so quick to make really appealed to me!
Of course anything with cheese and bacon is usually pretty good too.
To make it really fast I used my mini blender to grate the cheese. The mixture really was ready before the oven had time to heat up!

The are really just little scones and would make a great snack or addition to a soup meal.
Mine were a little bit. The teaspoon measures need to be quite small.

These delicious little morsels disappeared VERY fast!

June 2012 - I made these again for a function. I sliced them in the middle and added to some a pesto and cream cheese mixture and to the others cream cheese and capsicum. They disappeared quickly and I had lots of very good feedback!



Cheese and Bacon Puffs
Makes about 24
Ingredients 1 cup flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 and 1/2  cups grated cheese (tasty is best)
1/2 cup chopped bacon
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
Method Get your oven to 200C first.
This is so fast that it'll barely have time to pre-heat.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg till it goes frothy.
Tip the egg, milk and cheese into the flour and mix well.
Chuck teaspoon sized balls of the mixture on a lined tray
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment