Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Union Hotel - Newton, Sydney

We had a fantastic dinner last night at the bistro in the Union Hotel in Sydney, a business owned and run by my brother's childhood friend Michael Carter.
While Michael was not able to be with us he had made sure were were well looked after.
He had organised our starters, which just kept coming. While it was hard to choose a favourite the duck liver terrine got rave reviews from our group and I just loved the baba ganoush, (I've requested the recipe, maybe an upcoming blog after I have experimented it a bit).
The standard menu was what you would expect from a pub bistro but the blackboard menu was a lot more upmarket and interesting while still being really reasonably priced.

I ordered grilled ocean trout, served with a salad with shaved fennel as a main. Some of the more game members of our group ordered kangaroo.

Thank you Michael - a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment