Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Symphony Of Green

While the pictures don't do it justice, tonight's pasta was tossed with incredibly delicious, fresh green spring/summer veges - asparagus, broad beans, baby leeks, garlic and broccoli. The mixture of vivid greens looked fantastic and after all the presentation is a huge part of the appeal of a dish....I think I heard that on a recent Master Chef!
Some ingredients from my garden and some from this week's Ooooby Box (Out Of Our Own Backyards). I served it with fresh fish fried in a little butter and lightly seasoned.

I lightly fried the baby leeks and garlic in olive oil, added the asparagus and broccoli, then the blanched peeled broad beens.  I then added lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper, then tossed the cooked pasta through it.

Simple, fresh and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment