Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Own Personal Master Class



We were invited to be the surprise visitors for Minakshi's birthday last night. Minakshi is the wonderful woman (with a beautiful family) who looked after Isabella after when I first went back to work. I have written about them in a previous post with a yummy chickpea curry recipe.

One of Isabella's favourite foods is roti - something she ate regularly when with Minakshi. Isabella and I were lucky enough to watch Minakshi prepare them. It really did feel like my own personal master class. The interesting thing was that as they cooked and puffed up, she pressed the down with a paper towel. I will have to attempt making them one day but living up the Minakshi's standard may be difficult. I've never been able to make porridge that Isabella will eat after Minakshi's Indian version.

Every dish we have had prepared by Minakshi and her family has been wonderful! We have been spoiled forever by Minakshi's Samosas - none we have had since eaten her's have ever been as good.

We knew our meal would be delicious and it was. With the roti and rice (flavoured with turmeric I think) was a creamy dish with what they said was cottage cheese (I think it was a pressed cottage cheese). Gorav said the sauce was like butter chicken sauce...and it was. It was fantastic. The other dish was a spicy dish beans and I think pulses in it. Again it was superb.

1 comment: