Monday, February 6, 2012

A New Toy

I've wanted an ice cream maker for ages but decided that we didn't have enough space for it and that we didn't need encouragement to eat ice cream.

I managed to convince myself this weekend that the ice cream makers on sale (60% off!) were small enough to find a home AND that I could make healthier sorbets.

If I'm honest my real motivation is to make home made ice creams and sorbets for special desserts. The appeal of alcoholic ice cream also has appeal.

My first attempt was a strawberry and raspberry sorbet. It was amazing.
The recipe came from the instruction book that came with my Sunbeam Ice Cream maker. My next job is to find a recipe that has a bit less sugar in it.

I can guarantee that there will be more frozen dessert posts to come.

1 comment:

  1. I love sorbet. Trick myself into thinking it's better than ice-cream - but now you have pointed out the amount of sugar there is!

    ReplyDelete