Saturday, February 18, 2012

Experimental Sorbet - Feijoa and Blueberry

As promised another ice cream maker experiment.
After only making one sorbet from a recipe, but working on the theory that sorbet is pretty much just fruit and sugar syrup...with perhaps a squeeze of lime to bring out the flavour, I gave tonight's effort a try.

I took a jar of feijoas in vanilla syrup and blended it in the food processor, added frozen blueberries, a squeeze of lime and then put it all in the ice cream maker. No measurements sorry just what looked about right.
If I was doing a 'proper' sorbet I should have strained the mixture and then frozen just the juice but it seemed like such a waste. To me the beauty of feijoa is the texture.

A successful experiment and solid enough to have in a cone for Isabella's dessert.

1 comment: