Friday, September 30, 2011

Canton Cafe - Kingsland


I had to search my blog to check if I had posted about Canton Cafe before - I was sure I would have as we eat there quite often. Canton Cafe is fantastic for a really relaxed, quick meal - there is nothing remotely pretentious about anything...from the plastic table cloths, yelling in cantonese in the kitchen and an army of staff ready to answer your every need. The focus and the thing that is important is the food. It is freshly cooked and fantastic! The added bonus is that our little person is looked after well too. She knows that if she does 'good eating' the special lady might bring her a treat at the end of the meal. It was the ideal place to celebrate a 'significant' birthday for me a couple of years ago before going on to a local bar. We had a separate room and the food just kept on coming.
Our meal tonight was sweet and sour chicken, a chicken noodle dish, veges and chicken and rice.
The added bonus is that Canton Cafe is BYO and our choice of Rabbit Ranch Pinot Gris from our local Glengary Wine shop was perfect with our meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment