Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Baby Carrots - Recipe


Today's Ooooby box came with a big bunch of baby carrots. As I am not really a huge fan of carrots I have never bothered to cook them before - although I do always think they really add to the presentation of a dish!

This recipe is (I hate to admit it) a Rachel Ray recipe...but it was simple and relatively quick so I gave it a go.

I served them with Pomegrenate Molasses Chicken, Celeriac and chicken couscous. (always a little ironic to eat couscous as it is the name of one of our cats, the other is Tabioca - yes a food theme here)



Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 pounds baby carrots
  • 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pats
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon coarse salt

Directions

Place baby carrots in about 2 cm of water with butter, sugar, and salt. Bring water to a boil, cover pan, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook carrots 7 or 8 minutes, remove lid, and raise heat to medium high. Reduce water until it almost evaporates, a couple of minutes. Turn carrots in sauce and taste to adjust seasonings and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment