Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simply Fennel - Recipe


I'm a real fan of simple good quality ingredients and simple recipes...
Last night our Oooby box had fennel in it. While I love it, my attempts at cooking it in the past have made it a vegetable that does not rank in the most popular in our house.
We were recently served a really simple fennel salad when we had dinner at a friend's home...simply marinated in a lemon oil.
I gave it a try (well I made my interpretation of it) last night and it tastes great.

Fennel with Lime Infused Avocado Oil
Fresh Fennel (washed and with any dirty or blemished parts removed)
Lime Infused Avocado Oil
Maldon Sea Salt

Use a vegetable peeler to slice all of the white fleshy part of the fennel.
Dress with oil and add a little salt to taste.
Leave overnight for the flavours to infuse.
(I wondered if a squeeze of fresh lime might add a wee bit of zing to it too)

Simply Fennel - Simply Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment