Saturday, July 30, 2011

Di-Nana's never fail Banana Cake Recipe



Isabella calls my mother Di-Nana (a mixture of Diana and Nana). This recipe is one of hers that I make over and over and it never fails despite my not very precise measurements.
It is good for cakes or made into muffins. I also add chocolate chips...as if it wasn't unhealthy enough as it was!
Isabella and I made a double recipe this time for John's birthday cake. The key to a good banana cake is old bananas...old brown squashy ones.
I used a smallish round tin and put baking paper up the sides (like in soufflé recipes) to make a really high cake.
The decorations were a compromise between what I wanted and Isabella wanted...I think she 'won' the compromise!

Banana Cake
115 grams of butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 mashed bananas
2 tbs milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup flour
1 tsp of baking powder

Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten egg, eggs and bananas and mix.
Heat milk and stir in soda, it will be froth up a little. Mix into butter, banana etc mixture. (At this stage I add chocolate chips...about 1/2 - 1 cup)
Sift in four and baking powder. Mix only until the dry ingredients are combined.
Pour into greased, lined baking tin or individual muffin cases.
Bake at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a fork poked into the middle comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment