Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dishwashing Liquid - Recipe

Today's cleaning product made in bulk was dishwashing liquid (and spray surface cleaner). This is a new one for me. We don't use huge quantities as my theory is life is too short (and busy) to spend ages washing dishes -  if something doesn't come out clean from the dishwasher it goes back in and if it doesn't fit in...it isn't used often.

The thing that is a bit hard to get used to with this dishwashing liquid and the liquid hand soap I have previously made is that they are not the thick consistency we are used to. I'm not too worried though, if we use lots it is really cheap to make!

One key ingredient in most of the cleaning products I make is Dr Bronners liquid soap (eco friendly, organic, vegetarian, fair-trade...). A bottle is about $40.00 but you use such a small amount I even use it as the base for the spray surface cleaner we go though a lot of. I get mine at Huckleberry Farms Wholefoods.


Dishwashing Liquid
3 tbs organic liquid castile soap
2 cups warm water
2 tsp vegetable glycerine
2 tbs white vinegar or lemon juice
10 drops lemon essential oil

* Mix thoroughly in a clean jar or bottle, and use 1 tbs at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile at the fact Dr Bonners liquid soap is vegetarian :)

    ReplyDelete