Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cake Pops - a birthday request

Sometimes it seems like things just fall into place, or that despite everything going on there are lots of reasons or lots of reminders that you intended to do something. I think making cake pops is going to be one of those things for me...with a bit of help form Isabella.

I spotted an article somewhere months ago about cake pops and thought they would be a great idea for a children's birthday party. The article was about  the Bakerella blog and linked to a movie of instructions on YouTube.

A mailer from Millies Kitchen Shop in Ponsonby arrived several weeks ago advertising classes for making cake pops. I'm not sure I need to go to the classes but I now know where to get the ingredients I need.

Last week at the supermarket Isabella (3 - nearly 4 years) insisted I buy a FoodTown magazine. When I explained it was a recipe again she was still adamant that I buy it. When we got home she explained that there were instructions about how to make cake pops inside that she wanted for her 4th birthday party.
Last night we attended 'Taste Of New Zealand' a four day food and wine festival in Victoria Park, Ponsonby, Auckland. One of the stands had cake pops displayed and for sale. I just had to buy one for Bella. She was as delighted as I though she would be.

So the 'culinary universe' seem to be making sure Isabella gets her birthday wish in December. I've even got a plan about how I can integrate them into the planned birthday cake. Some how I have to top the sheep cake I made for her third birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment