Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grazie Al Volo!

While it seems like a bit of a cop out writing a post about food and having take away pizza as an early post I think the pizza from Al Volo can be easily justified!
This totally authentic Italian pizza restaurant (yes even the staff are Italian) makes the best pizza I have ever tasted - anywhere in the world. They are great as a take away but even better fresh out of the woodfire oven and straight on to your plate eaten with a glass (or bottle) of Italian Red.
When we were in Italy a few years ago we specifically drove to Naples for a day trip to eat pizza, it is the home of pizza, only to be horribly disappointed.
The thing that really struck me as we ate (and drunk) our way around Italy was the simplicity of the food. It really got me thinking about how I often overcomplicated meals I was preparing. In Italy (and at Al Volo) the simplicity of the flavours is what makes the food so divine.
Just for the record - Al Volo pizza was the dinner of choice of Isabella (3) tonight. I expected that one pizza would easily be enough for us - she managed to eat half all by herself!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and Useful post. Thanks
    italian margherita pizza

    ReplyDelete