Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thai Chicken Soup - Slow Cooker

The chill of autumn has finally hit after what was a very long summer. With that cooler weather comes wonderful food and soups. I'm alway looking for slow cooker meals that mean I can arrive home to a meal cooked or almost cooked. Especially nice when its dark when I get home from work.

I've pinned several slow cooker soups to try out. My soup repertoire is pretty limited at the moment - 4-5 favourites that I cook and the chicken and vegetable soup that is different each time depending on what veges are in the fridge or garden.

I love Thai flavours and this looked good because it can be spiced up with chilli after cooking so everyone in the family can have the spiciness they want.

I'd have loved more coriander (cilantro) , unfortunately I never have much luck growing it and the plants in the garden only supplied a few sprigs.

The soup needed salt and I think I'd add fish sauce to give a bit more flavour. Overall it was one I'd make again due to a good taste and the ease of making it.


Thai Chicken Soup - Slow Cooker



No comments:

Post a Comment