Sunday, June 23, 2013

Coconut Macaroons

I made these a few years ago for Christmas presents. At the time I was amazed at how easy they are and how quick to make. With a birthday 'morning tea shout' looming I needed a few ideas to make over the weekend. These seemed like a good idea. They were as easy as I remembered and my colleagues enjoyed them.

They are best when they are fresh and a bit crispy but still pretty good after a few days.

This recipe makes about 60.




Coconut Macaroons

 400g shredded coconut (not fine coconut)
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp salt

Heat oven to 150 degrees C

Mix coconut, condensed milk and vanilla together.

Whisk egg whites and salt until they are soft medium peaks. If you can turn the bowl upside down and nothing falls out they are done.

Fold egg whites into coconut mix. It will end up looking a bit wet.

I put them on a baking sheet using a heaped teaspoon to measure them out. Press down so they are not a ball.
Bake for about 13 minutes.

Once cooked, allow to cool then drizzle chocolate over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment