Sunday, October 7, 2012

'Low Tea' at Nostalgia

I was invited to 'Low Tea' (an afternoon version of High Tea) this week. While I was happy to go along I didn't have high hopes for the experience other than a nice afternoon with family. I'm not really a big tea drinker apart from herbal teas and the idea of intricate little items of foods didn't really appeal.
I was pleasantly surprised and will be going back. It would be an ideal school holiday get together venue for a catch up with colleagues.

Nostalgia Restaurant is in Ponsonby and is like taking a step into history. I've included a couple of pictures from their website as the low light made photos difficult inside.
I had a Low Tea with two very nice herbal teas and a 'perfumed' glass of bubbles at the end. There was a lot of food (yes, I had just been out for lunch before hand...not a good idea) and it was all really nice tasting. I didn't have high expectations for the food thinking it would look nice but probably would be a disappointment - it wasn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment